Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Weekend

is over... :-(

Which is sad, but the good news is that it was fun, my mouth hurts less now than it did Friday (yay progress!), and I'm doing pretty well with my Challenge. Saturday was my first spending- I picked up sugar snap peas, avocados, chicken broth, and wine for $13.42 at Trader Joe's without any Q's, and spent $0.86 at WAGS (I bought the FARR hairties and chapstick and used the $3.50 Colgate RR for most of the cost).

Now today I only spent $2.20 on bus fare to get down to the Long Beach Grand Prix- where parking was running $35 by my friend's condo (which views the course!). As a party guest I brought wine, but I didn't buy it today, so $0 OOP for that. The Prix was a blast- I've never been to a race before and it was really neat despite being incredibly loud. From my friend's balcony, we watched the professional Indy race where Ashley Judd's husband won, and the race after with the modified corvettes and porshes... if any of those drivers decide they don't want their cars anymore, I'd be more than happy to help them out with that!

My Challenge Money- $83.52 left to spend this month

3 comments:

frugalsuz said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Just call me Yankee said...

I bet the Prix was really cool.

annathy03 said...

Suz,
Thanks! Me too- I used a straw today so things are finally starting to get back to normal.

Central,
It was! I didn't really know what to expect, but it was very very neat. Like super loud go karts hyped up on some serious drugs that make them go 180 mph. The engineer in me was drooling just a little.