Saturday, May 16, 2009

MOVING

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Between finding out we'd be moving, CVS not having EB deals in Cali this month, and traveling for work, I've just not had much time or desire to go hounding.

So, I'm moving. And since my roommates that are staying in the area got a pay raise when she switched jobs this month, they've decided to get their own place. They've been married three years, so I totally get that, and we're hoping to find places kind of nearby and still hang out, do dinner, etc.

Anyways, I'm now looking for new roommates. I've lived alone before, and I don't like it. I don't like cooking for one, I don't like not speaking to anyone from the minute I leave work til the next morning if I don't go anywhere, and I don't like the idea that if I don't come home no one will ever know it. Plus, why waste money on getting a one bedroom if it isn't important to me?

The question really is SPACE or BEACH. I'd rather have both, but homes close to the beach are old, and inherently small. I'm torn... and taking your opinions!

4 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

I'd take beach but it would really depend how small place it is. If it's too small and uncomfortable then I'd go for space and just take bike to the beach :)

annathy03 said...

Thanks Jenny; that's what I'm leaning towards too :-D

Just call me Yankee said...

I would rather have a bit more space. The beach is nice, but if you are tripping over yourself and have no storage, then how often would you even want to go home. I would take the place a little farther from the beach. I do have a disclaimer though, I don't particularly care about going to the beach...The ocean is not my thing.

annathy03 said...

Central- Thanks; if I hadn't had storage I would have said the same thing. Fortunately the place has plenty of storage in the garage it is just that my bedroom is small, and I have enough room for normal things- it's just the hounding storage that will be quite limited.