Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bad things happen to good people

I got a call this morning that my cousin's husband has suffered a massive stroke and is completely brain dead. Some kind of brain stem growth that is inoperable because of where it is, and he is currently in a coma with things not looking good. Seriously?!?! The man is in his early 30's, and they just got married at the end of January (though we'd long considered him part of the family, they have been together nearly a decade), and I don't think had any family history. 24 hours ago he was fine, and now they are waiting for his sister to fly in and finish goodbyes before they pull the plug.

My neighbor's girlfriend is also in a coma, caused by a car accident (hydroplaning during all the rain last month)- it has been so hard on him. Seeing him fight that battle, and remembering how hard my father's death was on my mom- it just kills me to know she's going to have to go through all that. Married for 6 weeks before becoming a widow... it just isn't right.

With all the scum out there in the world, why does this crap always seem to happen to the best of people?

2 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin and her husband. sending you *hugs* and I also keep asking why bad things happen to good people when so many bad ones walk around scott-free.

annathy03 said...

Thanks Jenny, I apprechiate it. The good news is that both his family and hers is being incredibly supportive of her. One day at a time I suppose.